The Ahliyyah School for Girls was established in 1926 by the Christian Missionary Society based in England.
It opened its doors with 25 students and a small number of teachers dedicated to the educational process involved in empowering the young women of Jordan.
The School soon developed into an academic and cultural landmark which came to reflect the highest standards in Jordanian society. The Ahliyyah School remained faithful to national ideals while maintaining an international perspective.
In 1957, the Arab Episcopal Church in Jerusalem took over the administrative responsibilities of the school, furthering its raison d’etre: to empower Jordanian women with knowledge and therefore choice.